Benefits of EADTU membership:
EADTU has a European coverage and is regarded by the European Commission as a main interlocutor as far as lifelong open and flexible learning in distance higher education is concerned.
European positioning of your university
- become board member, with eligibility for the Supervisory Board*;
- receive membership of Rectors' Conference or Associations' Conference;
- cooperate on faculty level in EADTU's Academic Networks;
- get involvement in EADTU task forces on cutting edge topics in HE;
- participate in European projects of front running universities*;
- participate in mainstreaming strategy and innovation seminars;
- let your interests be part of EADTU's consultations with the EU.
- become a partner with the most prestigious European open and distance teaching universities, consortia and research institutes and in European projects through a single access point;
- receive latest information on research and development, especially concerning advanced application of ICT in educational and training environments;
- get access and input to portals in the field of e.g. open educational resources, MOOCs, quality, virtual mobility and university-business cooperation;
- find input from good practises in universities' strategies;
- become involved in discipline based academic networks for open and flexible learning;
- become part of a platform for bilateral and multilateral cooperation with fellow universities;
- become an associate in quality for e-learning (E-xcellence Associates' Label);
- become an expert in EADTU's service and expertise centres;
- find contacts with external networks.
- becoming partner of the OpenupEd initiative on MOOCs
- participate in different expert pools
- collaborate with other members in education, research, innovation in open and flexible learning, technology enhanced learning, university-business cooperation, etc;
- benefit from collaborative curricula and virtual mobility;
- co-organise graduate school activities at master and PhD level;
- become involved in collaborative European projects;
- valorise your knowledge/research in expertise and service centres, supported by EADTU (quality assurance, virtual mobility, open educational resources, university-business cooperation,...), responding to demand in higher education in European or worldwide.
Be informed on latest developments
- always get the latest info on new developments in European higher education;
- be represented on the EADTU web of quality providers of open and distance education;
- receive EADTU's bi-monthly Newsletter and use it as your platform to the world of HE;
- join EADTU's annual conferences as a member and present your university under the dedicated strands;
- become part of EADTU's conference programme committee;
- get assistance from the EADTU office and be informed on the latest news in e-learning.
*Benefits apply to all EADTU members, although ExCo membership is restricted to full members
*Project participation is open for all members, but funding may be subject to EU restrictions
EADTU members and the staff of member institutions benefit from a discount on the EADTU Conference fee, and fees for other EADTU events. EADTU also enters into (occasional) partnerships to bring discounts for members for third-party events and other services.
For example, StudyPortals will provide EADTU members with a discount for their advertisement services offered on DistanceLearningPortal.